The Gift-a-Palooza is dedicated to bringing a deeper look at the issues, challenges and joys of being a gifted and multi-exceptional individual over a lifetime.
SIGN UP TODAY TO ACCESS THE RECORDINGS!SIGN UP HERE
YOU'LL GET ALL ACCESS:
✔️ 3 DAYS OF LIVE PRESENTATIONS
Experience the 3-day event (Feb 3-5) with LIVE presentations by TOP experts in the Gifted/Twice-Exceptional (2e) field, who will be addressing topics relevant to Gifted/2e individuals and families over a lifetime.
✔️ LIVE Q&As
Participate in LIVE Q&A sessions with the experts following each session.
✔️ RECORDINGS TO KEEP
Unlimited access to OVER 35 speaker recordings (including 5 BONUS recordings), which are all yours to keep!
✔️ AN ACCESSIBLE PORTAL
Watch, listen and/or read the transcripts in an accessible, easy-to-use, secure, and personal portal, which is accessible anytime, anywhere, on any device!
✔️ COMMUNITY & CONNECTION
Learning, connection and support with others in the incredible Gifted and 2e community! (Don't forget to join our Social Hour on 2/3!)
ALL ARE WELCOME TO JOIN!
This conference is designed for and open to ALL, whether you are part of the Gifted/2e community or are looking to learn more about neurodiversity, including:
- Gifted/2e individuals and families
- Health professionals
- Educators and school professionals
- Community workers and caregivers
Hello and Welcome
From Mike and Julie Postma,
Co-founders of Gifted and Thriving
We are so thrilled to be here with you on this journey of learning, supporting, understanding and THRIVING as a gifted, multi-exceptional / neurodiverse individual. We get it. Our family of 7 (now, thankfully it is growing!) we have literally experienced it all. And we know just how hard it is to barely survive in a world that does not understand us.
We are so excited for this first Gift-a--Palooza event where we will be learning together, sharing and just feeling a sense of community together. Let's make this the best experience possible - join us!!!
Speakers, Topics & Schedule
February 3-5, 2022
Can't attend? No problem!
Register, and you'll get access to the recordings!
What Is Neurodivergence?
Traditionally, the term refers to those persons whose 'neurological differences are to be recognized and respected as any other human variation.' Generally speaking, this always meant those with noticeable learning differences, such as autism, dyslexia, ADHD and others.
However, given new revelations in brain research (especially research pertaining to gifted and/or 2e brains), we are seeing that neurodiversity applies to a much broader group that includes giftedness, trauma, anxiety, and even auditory or visual processing issues.
So what is neurodivergence? It's complex. These brains are metaphysically different from their typical peers, and are thus neurodivergent – which is what we're looking forward to addressing in-depth together in this summit!
Track One: Childhood
(Birth to Pre-Teen Years)
- Identify the executive functioning skills that affect motivation
- Understand the neuroscience behind developmental asynchrony
- Explore how to use best practices in education and psychology to meet children at their developmental levels
- Learn the difference between giftedness being "someone you are" and "something you do"
- Learn how to use "The 8 Great Gripes of Gifted Kids" to begin discussions about the social and emotional aspects of giftedness
- Learn practical ways to approach difficult topics for boys like bullying, love, hurt, perfection, and fear using humor, hands-on learning, mystery and active learning
- What's in a Label? How to use to get the help, support and community you need
- Create gifted children connectedness and healthy relationships
Track Two: Adolescence
(Pre-Teen to Young Adults)
- Understand the unique challenges facing families with young adult children with ADHD
- Discuss value conflicts and stressors that arise for parents when their teen or young adult kids with ADHD are struggling with life and/or learning
- Gain understanding of the 4 phases of parenting and learn when and how to use them effectively when supporting young adults
- Learn common pitfalls that trip families up on the college admissions journey and discover college options that may be attractive places for gifted, intense, neurodiverse and unique students
- Learn pathways to well-being in coping with compassion fatigue, anxiety and stress for young adults
- Understand how to define Executive Function and explore skill sets to set your gifted/2e adolescent up for success in school, home and life
Track Three: Adults
- Learn to identify issues and discuss common concerns for gifted adults including older adults ages 50-65 and 65-80
- Learn and understand your strengths and challenges so you can find your path to joy and fulfillment at work
- Learn the role of anxiety in the lives of gifted adults with examining guiding principles, habits, mindset and skills that contribute to a life well-lived
- Gain knowledge in key translational neuroscience, psychology and developmental insights, and its application to holistic health and well-being
- How to use the power of play for parents and adults to minimize daily stress, avoid unnecessary confrontations and increase your peace of mind
- Understand Post-Traumatic Growth (PTG) and learn practical tools to increase resilience skills that support PTG
- Learn how gifted parents of gifted children can nuture their own needs for complexity, drive and interests
Sign up today to get the special 50% discount price for only $97!
(Don't wait–the regular price of $197 goes back 2/18/22!)
Register today to attend live &/or to access the presentation recordings!
Thank You to Our Sponsors!
The Amend Group
The Amend Group provides comprehensive psychological services including assessment and evaluation, consultations, counseling, and therapy for children, adolescents, and their families. We also provide parent and educational consultations for gifted, 2e children, and homeschoolers.
Amy Estersohn is an educator and college adviser. Her passion is working with so-called stubborn, passionate, sensitive, and intuitive souls towards their personal and professional goals. (Hey, that rhymed!)
Royal Fireworks Press
Since 1977, Royal Fireworks Press has been publishing beautiful, intellectually stimulating, creative, award-winning homeschool curricula and books for children. They know that children are able to learn far more than traditional educators often expect them to, especially if they have the right materials. While originally founded to serve gifted children, their curricula are beloved by children of all learning styles and abilities. Children with dyslexia and other visual processing disorders and 2e children are given special consideration. Their award-winning MCT language arts curriculum, Western philosophy curriculum, and Latin language curriculum are just a few of the fun, rigorous, and exciting materials they offer for children at every age and level of ability. They also have a growing array of courses in their Online Learning Community, which features unique courses like architecture and space biology!